Fort Augustus Airfield is in Scotland, right next to Loch Ness. Perfect if you want to do a bit of low flying over the loch trying to locate the famous Loch Ness monster or if you just want to fly around the beautiful Scottish Highlands. It can be a nice little stop over for a bite to eat or a great starting point.
This airfield in the real world is just strip of grass with sheep surrounding the fenced areas and no additional facilities. Although in this edition of the field for Microsoft Flight Simulator, I have added aircraft parking, seating and a portable toilet just in case you did decide you want to have your packed lunch or needed the toilet.
Use the ICAO code EGVZ to locate the airport on the Microsoft Flight Simulator map.
(Note: This ICAO code was given by the sim, it is not correct as this airfield has no ICAO code in the real world)
Unzip the folder "thegarner-airport-egvz-fortaugustus" and copy the folder: "thegarner-airport-egvz-fortaugustus" into your Microsoft Flight Simulator installation directory under the "Community" folder.
- Runway added, has no number markings - Keep an eye out for it from the air!
- 3x Parking Stands
- Couple of static aircraft
- Fences surrounding the runway
- Picnic tables for your packed lunch
- Portable toilet in case you really need to use the loo.
- Sadly, no sheep, but would love to add them at some point to add an extra bit of realism to this airfield.
Download from: https://github.com/TheGarner/FortAugustus-Airfield